Monday, February 25, 2008

Easter Eggs

"Easter Eggs" are hidden features in DVDs that reveal little extras to those willing to spend the time to search them out.

My favorite is the Jack Black Easter Egg on the Extended Edition of "The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Rings".

"1.Go to chapter selection on Disk 1.
2.Go to the final chapter (The Council of Elrond) and while chapter is lit up press down on remote
3.You will then uncover a hidden ring, select it and you will uncover Jack Blacks spoof of the council of Elrond"



Back in the day, I had my own version of an "Easter Egg". I always figured that if an employer or a coworker went to all the trouble and effort to search my desk for something incriminating, they deserved a reward for their efforts.

So I always kept this in a desk drawer.





No one ever found it.

Damnit!

That would have been fun!

1 comment:

Bud Simpson said...

The last time I had a real job, I had a friend in the art department make up fake-titled dust jackets for several books. Topics like deviant sex and cannibalism always get a good reaction. Bonus: Load the front pages with confetti - they come snooping and wind up cleaning the whole office. Nosy bastards.