Sunday, February 05, 2006

MY ANTI-SUPERBOWL POST

Not a lot of "meat" to this post.

It's 7:45pm on Sunday, Feb. 5th. SUPERBOWL NIGHT!! Not a single TV on anywhere in the house. It's peaceful. Getting ready to fix some supper and get ready for work in the morning.

I had invitations to go out and join in The National Communal Moment. Just didn't feel like it. The Chiefs aren't playing so I really don't care who wins or loses.

Yeah, the commercials will be great, but I can download the best ones after it's all over and skip the lame ones.

I just don't care this year.

Plus, everyone in my office except me is out this week taking a training class that I've already attended, so it's not like I need to watch it so I can engage in pointless, "team-building banter". Not much on that crap anyway. We're at work. Talk to me about work. Otherwise, STFU! I don't really care about that "really cute thing" that your 3 year old did to the cat. Did you get my report done, or do I need to talk to your boss?

But the REAL reason that I am so adamant about avoiding the Superbowl this year is simply this; if Keith Richards has a "wardrobe malfunction" at half-time and his saggy, wrinkled, 62 year-old nipple gets exposed by Mick Jagger, I will be the only "sighted" person in a country full of blind people. I can have ENDLESS FUN rearranging furniture, tripping people at lunch and firing off air-horns at their seeing-eye dogs.

Enjoy your one night of fun. 2006 is going to be a good year for me!

Heh heh heh!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you commie bastard!
the super bowl builds national character. if you had your wish there would probably be a nigger president in the white house.

Xavier Onassis said...

I wouldn't have any problem at all seeing an African-American in the White House. Especially if it was SAMUEL L. JACKSON!

Wouldn't need anymore nukes, no more Army, Navy or Marines.

Nobody would fuck with us if he was President.

He's bad mofo! Says so right on his wallet.