Thursday, November 09, 2006

Not A Mandate

OK, I can't find a link to it and I don't have time to search for clever graphics and pics.

But I heard Claire McCaskill say that she sees the one seat majority in the Senate as "...not a mandate, but permission to try."

I think this is exactly right.

The biggest problem I had with the pre 11/7 government was hubris. The idea that they were Right and everyone else was Wrong. No respect for any other opinions. The overwhelming arrogance that they could do whatever they wanted. Domestically or internationally. They didn't need anybody's cooperation, permission or acceptance. They had soldiers, nukes and all the money and oil they needed and they would do whatever the hell they wanted. Anybody who didn't like it could go fuck themselves.

I would caution the Democrats that I voted for; don't get cocky. If you go down the same path that the Republicans did, then I will be voting Libertarian in 2 years.

It's time for a DIFFERENT APPROACH. Not just the flip side of the same old fucking coin.

Watch your asses and don't piss me off. I have a vote and I'm not afraid to use it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

XO...I think this is probably the best political post I've ever seen you write. Speaking as a long-time republican, many of us are giving the democrats a chance out of exasperation with the Bush administration and the many republicans who simply wouldn't listen to us.

It's going to be an interesting two years and there is no doubt in my mind that how those years go will have a dramatic effect on the next presidential election.

Xavier Onassis said...

Thank you, travel!

I'm glad that power has changed hands, but I won't claim that we won.

We didn't win anything. The republicans just lost it and we were the only ones there to catch it.

The democrats right now are kinda like that kicker a couple of Chiefs games ago who botched the kick and all of a sudden found himself holding the ball with everyone running towards him.

"OH FUCK!!! WHAT DO I DO NOW??"

I hope the democrats don't make the same mistake he did.