Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lyle Lovett & k.d. lang - July 6, 2007 8:00 pm












If this show were at the Uptown instead of Starlight, I'd give my right nut for tickets.

But there is NOTHING about sitting in an outdoor sauna in July in Swope Park, sweating like a Tijuana whore in church while worrying about my car stereo getting jacked in the parking lot that sounds in the least bit appealing.

Put this show in an air conditioned venue with waitresses and secure parking...I'm there baby!

I can only imagine how awesome these two butt-ugly, angel-voiced performers will be together. They both share common talents; an absolutely Swiss-like precision in the control of their voices while retaining the deepest, emotional, passion that makes any song they sing come alive like you've never heard it before.

Here is a sample of what I mean:





I hope they push a high-def, surround-sound DVD after the tour. That's more my speed.

5 comments:

Spyder said...

We have always loved KD Lang.

Janet said...

if you get a seat fairly close to the stage, like orchestra, you feel the ac coming off the stage. they also have ac's running on the sides in the front.

but I'm sure orchestra seats are fucking pricey.

crse said...

All I have to offer to this is that I like kd lang personally way more than i like her music and that lyle lovett could have done SO MUCH BETTER than julia roberts.

Anonymous said...

You know as long as you don't wake up with Lyle Lovett's hair ;-)

Happy In Bag said...

You forgot to mention paying for that parking spot.

But you're right- great double bill.