Yeah, that would be ME.
Joe over at Joe's Big Blog tagged me for 8 Random Things About Me. And since this blogging thing is the closest I come to any sort of human interaction with anyone other than my girlfriend and coworkers, what the fuck. Why not?
Keep in mind the theme here is "Random Things". Not "Extraordinarily Introspective, Revealing, or Just Plain Funny Things".
1. I haven't owned any other vehicle than a Jeep for 15 years. It's a Jeep thing. You wouldn't understand.
2. My face has only been completely clean-shaven once in the last 30 years. It was during my first marriage. I was informed that I have "prissy lips" and told to grow it back and never shave again. So I did and I haven't.
3. Just prior to deciding to start shaving my head about 14 years ago, I sported a ponytail. It was one of those "balding guy desparately clinging to some semblance of hipness" ponytails that were popular in the late eighties and early nineties. It was a "skullet". All skin up front, party in the back.
4. There is an embarassingly large photo of me, my younger sister and my two younger brothers on display at my father and step-mother's house. It was taken probably around 1974, 1975. I was about 19. I have shoulder length hair in some sort of "feathered-shag" cut that is frighteningly close to a full-scale mullet. I have long, bushy, Elvisy sideburns with no beard or moustache. "Prissy lips" (bitch) unobscured. I'm wearing a baby-shit brown polyester leisure suit with an overlapping shirt collar that you could land a C-5 Galaxy on. My daughter, young Galadriel Tanqueray Onassis, goes into convulsive, hysterical laughter at the very mention or memory of that fucking picture. Someday, I will burn that picture.
5. I'm a very good cook.
6. I am incapable of learning "actual dances". I dance like a white guy. I just get up there and sort of move around in whatever way seems appropriate. And I don't really enjoy it very much. I do it to get laid. Women have tried to teach me "actual dances" like "The Two Step" or whatever. Can't do it. I can listen to the music and try to move with the beat, or I can concentrate on what my feet and hands are doing. I can't do both.
7. When I was a kid, one of my favorite TV shows was "Whirleybirds". It was a syndicated half-hour show about a couple of helicopter pilots who had adventures. It was in the same genre as "Sea Hunt" or "Sky King". Each episode started with the two of them going through their pre-flight check-list and lifting off. At the age of 8, I was convinced that I could climb into the cockpit of a Bell Ranger helicopter, start it, up, take it off and fly it.
8. I never developed a taste for macaroni and cheese. I always thought that it smelled like vomit when it was cooking. I also won't eat cottage cheese. To me, cottage cheese is what you pour down the drain when your milk goes REALLY BAD.
EDIT: Oh Yeah! I almost forgot. I guess I am supposed to "tag" some other folks. Bet you thought you escaped and got off easy, huh? No such luck.
I wasn't given any rules regarding the number of people I should tag. So I am tagging Spyder, Janet, Eric, crse, and Mayor Funkhouser.
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Yeah, that would be ME.