Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blogger Meat Up


It was fun! You should have been there!

I really enjoy hanging with my blog buddys. I'm even ready to replace "blog buddys" with "friends".

KC Sponge, M. Toast, Well Hell Michelle, Gone Mild, An Oddment of Sandwiches, Death's Door, Three O'Clock In The Morning, My Spyderweb, General Blather, Frighteningly Uncommon Sense, Raytown Progressive, Happy In Bag, My Town My Take, Irish KC, The D, Bradicle Mindspew, Daytripper, others that I have overlooked...

What an incredibly engaging and stimulating bunch of people to be around!

I know that in "some circles" bloggers are viewed as UberNerds.

But I got news for ya. People who are intelligent, insightful, witty, clever, funny and outrageous online are just as intelligent, insightful, witty, clever and outrageous in person.

We had a great turn out, probably the biggest yet. Lots of lively discussions and just a hell of a good time.

We maxed out Gov Stumpy's patience for us. They added table after table to our entourage before finally declaring "that's all your getting", tossed us a tube of KY and told us to "move in closer".

Somebody owes me breakfast and a hug.

Was that you emaw? Call me!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

XO,,

Please tell me those legs in the foreground are yours, and you took this picture.

Will the next blogger meetup include people that make comments on blogs?

I'd like to attend the next one, if everybody can put up with my waterwings...

Anonymous said...

I'm not hugging you

Spyder said...

Damn that was fun, pass the soap!

Xavier Onassis said...

mainstream - I would love it if some blogless commentors showed up at the next Blog Meat.

"Hi. I'm 'anonymous'. Love your blog."

"Hi. I'm 'anonymous'. Hate your blog."

"Hi. I'm 'anonymous'. Love your blog."

"Hi. I'm 'anonymous'. Hate your blog."

Just kidding! I would love to meet mainstream, travelingal, thepaintman and the many other lurking commentors who feel that their True Identities are so UberSensative that they have to hide behind a web of internet secrecy.

FletcherDodge said...

I just have one word for you XO... penicillin.

Faith said...

Sitting and chatting with everyone was sooo fun! Our little community of bloggers has become kick-ass. I dig it!

frog pajamas said...

i am one sad panda that i didn't get to go. so many people showed up and that is awesome! hope the next one is on a monday or tuesday so i can attend. glad you all had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Yah for all you know I could be Gloria Funkhouser...lol

One of these days I'll make it..just get a little closer to dreaded Johnson County.

Faith said...

travel, we were less than 4 miles from JoCo last night...it weas perfect! I love the Waldo/Brookside area...

Chimpotle said...

Thanks to this picture, I'll be jumping into the next one head first

KC Sponge said...

It was great to meet you, XO, had a blast at the meet up and look forward to many more in the future. . . next time I need to eat more and drink less. =)

Joe said...

I guess missing the meat up due to living on the West Coast is a puss excuse, but its all I've got.

Eolaí gan Fhéile said...

And next time I need to eat less and drink more.

Sorry I couldn't hang for too long.

WLIB said...

Ga! I always leave before they roll out the hot tub!

Double ga! I just checked my voicemail at work and got your message about The Way. Thanks for the offer!