Bill Moyers Journal - Buying The War
The right wing republican lies that sent over 3,000 brave men and women into a meat grinder.
Bill Moyers - "As Earth On It Is In Heaven"
The Christian Reconstructionist movement and their drive to create a Christofascist Threocracy to replace our Constitution..
It's a short story.
Why "The $urge" Appears To Be Working
"AMERICAN forces are paying Sunni insurgents hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash to switch sides and help them to defeat Al-Qaeda in Iraq."
Why fight and defeat your enemy when you can just pay them not to fuck with you any more?
It's the modern day equivelent of just handing over your lunch money to avoid an ass kicking from the school bully.
"The "invisible hand." Much of the criticism that has been directed at these measures has focused on Vice President Dick Cheney. In fact, however, it is a largely anonymous government lawyer, who now serves as Cheney's chief of staff, who has served as the ramrod driving the Bush administration's most secretive and controversial counterterrorism measures through the bureaucracy. David Addington was a key advocate of the Brown v. Board and more than 750 other signing statements the administration has issued since taking office--a record that far outstrips that of any other president.
The signing statements are just one tool that Addington and a small cadre of ultraconservative lawyers at the heart of the Bush administration are employing to prosecute the war on terrorism. Little known outside the West Wing and the inner sanctums of the CIA, the Pentagon, and the State Department, Addington is a genial colleague who also possesses an explosive temper that he does not hesitate to direct at those who oppose him. Addington, says an admiring former White House official, is "the most powerful person no one has never heard of."
R. James Woolsey
"R. James Woolsey is an attorney and former director of the C.I.A (1993-1995) who labels U.S. policy on Iraq over the past ten years "feckless." He strongly advocates a thorough investigation into Iraq's possible linkage to terrorist attacks against the U.S. and has sought to prove the Iraq connection in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing."
For the record, no linkage between Iraq and terrorist attacks against the U.S. has ever been proven or even strongly suggested. Iraq has never been a threat to the U.S. Every weapon Iraq possesed that could possibly threaten any of our Middle East allies was sold or given to Iraq by Ronald Reagan, in the hope that they would use them against Iran. Any threat that Saddam Hussein posed to anyone was thanks to the generosity of American Republicans.
"In his article, which is headlined “We Won Years Ago,” Perle claims that the Iraq war — which he argues was “imposed on us” — is “far from over.” But later, he claims that “we have already won in Iraq” because “Saddam will not be sharing WMD with anyone.” Missing from this line of thinking, of course, is that Saddam never had any WMD to share..."
Bill Kristol held to account and left speechless by mother of soldiers
Prominent Republicans Military Records
* Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - avoided the draft, did not serve.
* Former Majority Leader Dick Armey- avoided the draft, did not serve.
* Former Majority Whip Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve.
* Senate Minority Leader Trent Lott - avoided the draft, did not serve.
* Chickenshit President George W. Bush - served four years of a six-year Air National Guard commitment to avoid actual combat in Vietnam and spent much of that four years AWOL.
* VP Dick Cheney, former Secretary of Defense- several deferments (4), followed by a paternity deferment, did not serve "had other priorities than military service"
* Attorney Gen. John Ashcroft - deferment to teach Business at SW Missouri State, did not serve
* Karl Rove - avoided the draft, did not serve
* Former Speaker Newt Gingrich - avoided the draft, did not serve
* Former President Ronald Reagan - served in a noncombat role.
* Bob Dornan - avoided Korean War combat duty by enrolling in college acting classes
It is always so easy for those who know absolutely nothing about war or military service to advocate aggresive military actions.
Hypocritical cowards, every one.