Friday, June 20, 2008

Cell Phone Needed

UPDATE: The immediate need appears to have been met! But to everyone who thought they might be able to help, please go ahead and let me know what you have. I may not be buying it right away, but I'm getting a little tired of these phone emergencies. I think I'd like to start stockpiling spares. THANKS TO ALL THE AWESOME BLOGGERS AND TWEETERS WHO CAME TO THE RESCUE! THANKS TO YOU, MY 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER CAN CONTINUE SENDING AND RECEIVING 14,000 TEXT MESSAGES A MONTH! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

My daughter's Motorola RAZR has died.

It isn't under warranty because we bought it on Craig's List when her previous phone died. She is eligible for an upgrade around Christmas so she doesn't want a replacement through her provider now because the partial discount we would get today would reset the clock and she wouldn't be eligible for the bigger discount in six months. And I can't afford an undiscounted replacement.

She is spending the afternoon on her mom's laptop searching for something on Craig's List.

I'm doing my part by shouting out to all of readers (I mean both of you!) to see if anyone has a T-Mobile compatible SIM card type phone that they can part with CHEAP.

Although it only has to last six months, my daughter does have her standards and dignity to consider. Needs to have a color screen and she would prefer a camera.

I also have my standards. Did I mention CHEAP?

If any of you can help, leave me a comment or send me an email. Would love to have this resolved (CHEAPLY) today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

No comments: