Friday, July 11, 2008

Remake of The Wolfman


The classic Universal Studios Monster Movies were, to swagger jack Chimpotle, the balls.



The Jack Pierce, Lon Chaney, Jr. rendition of The Wolfman even inspired me to create my own version and I made a fair amount of money scaring the shit out of people in small town movie theatres in the early 70's.




Like the 1941 version, my interpretation also involved layers of yak hair, spirit gum, nose putty, pancake and about 4 hours of preparation.

Well, Joe Johnston is remaking The Wolfman with Benicio Del Toro cast in the Lon Chaney, Jr. role of Larry Talbot.


Luckily, they chose Rick Baker, not me, to do the makeup.




Release date is scheduled for April of 2009.

Cast includes Anthony Hopkins as Sir John Talbot (Del Toro's father), and Hugo Weaving as Detective Aberline.

I can't wait!

2 comments:

A Librarian said...

Oh my gosh, I love Benicio. Ummm...ok, that really didn't have much to do with your post. I just felt the need to share.

Anonymous said...

Del Toro en "Traffico" y tambien "Things We Lost in The Fire" son peliculas fantastico. Benicio es un actor excelente y cabrĂ¡ el papel perfectamente.