Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Dash Chronicles - The Final Chapter



Dash finally adjusted to being at my house. His appetite slowly increased as he became more accustomed to his surroundings.

We reached an equilibrium.

He preferred to live under my couch. That was his space and I was cool with that. He came out when he wanted. He went back when he wanted. He's a cat. That's what they do.

He is a very affectionate and low maintenance cat. He isn't shy about jumping up in my lap, rubbing his head against my hand, or exhibiting other Mad Cat Skillz at demanding attention.

He is completely immune to catnip. No reaction whatsoever. Same with cat toys. He's too cool to be suckered in by rolling, noisy, trinkets.

Tomorrow, Dash and all of his kitty paraphernalia go back to his family.

I'm not sure what I will do.

It was nice having him here over the holidays, but I don't know if I want a permanent cat. I might have a slight allergy. I noticed some increased itchiness and dry eyed rubbeyness. Had to be more careful about animal-proofing my surroundings.

I can't deny that it was comforting to have a warm, living, loving, companion sharing my living space for a while.

A young, energetic, slutty, nymphomaniac would have been better. But the cat was nice.

I know for sure my lease requires an additional deposit for a pet and there might even be an increase in my rent.

I don't recall any language in my lease regarding uninhibited, sexually aggressive, female humans.

Hmmm. What to do? What to do?

1 comment:

Satyavati devi dasi said...

I like dogs better.

Dogs are so much more interactive in general. We did have two cats, though. They were littermates that had different fathers (ew, huh?). Spanky was a Maine Coon (21 lb) and Brother Clem was just a shorthair (20 lb) and both were highly affectionate and sociable. They were also extremely good at leaping onto the bed and landing directly onto whatever body part exposed needed to be landed on least (full bladder, crotch, head..)

They were great, but I'm still thinking dogs are better.