Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day





Since Saturday morning, I've been on a 4 day weeekend. I work in an industry that get's Veteran's Day off and I was savvy enough to take Monday as a vacation day. I tell you this because like some amorphous, amoeba-like, alien life form from the original Star Trek, I feed on your hate.



But I digress.

One of the coolest things about twitter is the ability to set up last minute social interactions. When I woke up at 9:30 this morning, I had no plans whatsoever. An hour later, I was showered, dressed in grown up clothes, and on my way to meet MySpyderWeb, her husband Kanga, KC Sponge, average_jane and princessofworld at Pizza 51.

I had also made arrangements to go to Kansas City's World War I Museum after lunch with KC Sponge, .

One of the advantages of blogging for almost 4 years is having a vault of previous blog posts to fall back on when creativity fails.

So here is my review of the WWI Museum from last year.

To all of you who had more balls and patriotism than I did, I thank you for your service.

And a special thanks to that stud in the first two pictures. My dad. He volunteered for the Merchant Marines during WWII and was later drafted into the Army during the Korean Conflict. He served double duty to ensure that I could safely sit on my fat white ass and spew bullshit 50 years later.

Thanks pops! And thank you all.

No comments: