Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Change To The Blog

For the first time in over 3 years of blogging, I've had to put in place a restriction on comments.

It is the least restrictive method that Blogger offers...one of those word verification things to prove you are a human and not a robot.

I've recently been getting a lot of spammy comments. I'm not knowledgeable enough to to determine where they are coming from, I just know that A) I can't read them. They appear to be Asian. And B) Some of my domestic readers have received similar spam from the same source and I blame myself.

If they were just annoying comments on my posts, I could live with that. But when they become an annoyance to my fellow bloggers, it's time to shut them down.

I apologize to my readers if this change inconveniences them. That is not my intent. I just don't want to be a nexus of nuisance for others.

Feel free to leave me comments expressing your feedback.

4 comments:

kcmeesha said...

I did get some asian crap from your rug post, but I thought these were the asian hookers trying to get in contact with you

Donna. W said...

I've had to use the word verification from time to time; after a month or so I take it off and everything is fine.

Joe said...

I haven't had the word verification on my blog for a while. I guess I've been lucky. Don't sweat it X, your regulars understand the spam attackers.

Faith said...

Yeah, I'm on the same lines as Joe. I still get spam in the comments on old, old posts that I've gone back and read, but those don't bother me. I guess I've been lucky, too!

I'm fine with the word verification thing, since I'm not a robot. As long as they're the easy-to-read kind, anyway...