Sunday, August 09, 2009

Movie Review: The Hangover



I was kinda wanting to see a movie this weekend. When it is ridonkulously hot and humid, there is something satisfying about sitting in a cool, dark movie theater for a couple of hours.

Thought about it yesterday, but a competing urge for a nap completely kicked the movie's ass.

But today, I got the kitchen cleaned up (it having served as the Staging Area for Absolutely Feisty and her friend L's night of Big Fun.), and I got my laundry done, all before noon. I decided a movie was in order.

I texted AF and invited her along. I knew she'd be hungover after her night out on the town, so I chose "The Hangover".

We grabbed a quick and tasty bite to eat at Smokehouse BBQ and hit the AMC 20.

Jesus H. Christ In A Motherfucking Chicken Basket Covered With In-A-Tub Powdered Cheese!

This was the funniest movie I've seen since Rat Race!

I don't want to say too much. Most of you have already seen it (it came out in early June) and know what I'm talking about. For those who haven't, I don't want to spoil it.

I'll just give you the set-up.

A guy about to be married and three of his buddies go to Las Vegas for a bachelor party.

They wake up the next day in a completely trashed hotel room, with a Siberian tiger in the bathroom, a baby in the closet, missing a tooth and missing the groom with absolutely no memory of what happened the night before.

Hilarity ensues!

Seriously, I haven't laughed this hard for this long since The D Rules claimed to have a date. With a woman. Who wasn't a relative. That he didn't have to pay.

Seriously, if I had this movie on DVD, I'd be watching it again right now.

Great fucking movie. Go see it!

4 comments:

Dan said...

You know what? That review means more to me than anything I could read in the New Yorker. Can't wait to see it.

Donna. W said...

Well, Cliff and I liked "Bachelor Party" years ago, so we ought to like this movie too.

We LOVE us some Smokehouse BBQ.

"The D" said...

Dude, you got me good on that one. I didn't even see it coming.

Remember Sir, revenge is a dish best served cold... ICE COLD!

Xavier Onassis said...

The D - Ahahahaha! Bring it, bitch!