Friday, October 29, 2010

No Paternity Testing Needed

So my 16 y.o. daughter, young Galadriel Tanqueray Onassis, was invited to join her boyfriend Jimmy's family on their vacation.

They're flying out to Vegas tonight for the weekend. Then they are renting a car and driving to L.A. for the rest of the week. Where, among other things, they are going to Disneyland!

[When she was 5, I tried to convince her that the Midland Carnival that came to the Richmond Mushroom Festival was "Disneyland". Told her that was "Mickey" we saw scurrying under the Cotton Candy cart. She didn't fucking believe me. Me! Her own father! So young to be so cynical. Sad.]

Jimmy's family is paying for the trip, but her mother and I loaded her up with several hundred dollars of spending money so she wouldn't be a complete mooch.

GTO just texted me, and I quote:

"So, I was just thinking, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna spend all my money on cocaine and prostitutes. Sound okay with you?"

My reply:

"Only one of those things is legal in Vegas. Be safe! Use protection!"

They grow up so fast! I'm all verklempt here!

8 comments:

I Travel for JOOLS said...

We took my daughter's boyfriend with us a couple of times on trips when they were in high school. I guess if you can trust the parents, it's A-ok. I bet she'll love Disneyland. I'm takin my youngins to Silver Dollar City for a couple days ..no sinning there..lol

AnnoyingJoe said...

Galadriel as in the Noldor, Galadriel?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Xavier Onassis said...

AnnotingJoe - You know another Galadriel? Where is that a common name? Arkansas?

Anonymous said...

What crime is it dipshit (11:19)?

Answer? NONE!

AnnoyingJoe said...

Ha! Sorry!

it's just that the first two times I look at your blog and it's Sagan and Tolkien. Weird.

Always wanted to have a daughter so I could have named her Elanor, but damn the Y chromosome. Actually not really, the boy is fantastic, but mom wasn't feeling Finrod Felagund...so Jack it is.

Pics from rally ruled.

Joe said...

actually, X, neither prostitution nor cocaine is legal in Clark County. You have to get out into rural Nevada to be able to buy sex. go ahead, ask how I know this.