Monday, August 11, 2008

Major Milestone


As both of my regular readers know, I have been through much cell phone drama in the last few years with my daughter, young Galadriel Tanqueray Onassis (GTO).

There have been lost cell phones, broken cell phones, dead cell phones and ridonkulous $500+ text messaging cell phone bills that resulted in months long cell phone outages for said offender.

All of which inevitably resulted in some sort of emergency expenditure by the dear old Bank of Dad.

But today was different.

Today I got panicky calls from the ex-wife's phone that triggered my "special ring tone"



which of course, I let go straight to voice mail.

Turns out it was GTO calling on her mom's phone because GTO's phone wouldn't take a charge. She was phoneless. For a 14 year old girl this is The Apocolypse.

I start seeing $$$.

But much to my delight, I later find out that thanks to her recent babysitting gig for her older sister and brother-in-law, she was able to work out a financial loan arrangement with her mother which resulted in her buying a brand new, undiscounted $150.00 phone from T-Mobile, at no cost to me, which still allows her to get a "new at two", fully discounted phone under contract at the end of this year which she also plans to buy with her own babysitting money.

This is FUCKING AWESOME!

An incredible first step in my daughter actually earning her own money and using it to pay her own bills.

Next hurdle...her getting a much better job and starting to pay MY bills!

Baby steps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty darned good I'd say. She's gonna be a Republican ! lol