Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tonight is the night!



It's time to whip up my first batch of beef stew this season.

You can find my basic recipe here.

Some of the variations I plan with this particular batch:

Instead of just chopping up a bunch of russets or reds for my taters, I have some baby dutch yellow and new red potatos left over from Thanksgiving. But I was afraid that there wouldn't be enough of them, so I picked up some fingerling potatos to go with. A real potato medley in this batch.

Instead of true Vidalia onion, I picked up a Peruvian sweet onion.

For "extra liquid", I picked up a single bottle of Guinness Extra Stout.

I figure between the Guinness, the Peruvian onion and the dutch potatos, this batch of stew will have a carbon footprint about the size of Godzilla's daddy.

Because I'm concerned that the Guineess might be a bit overpowering, I'm adding some tomato sauce and some brown sugar to balance things out a bit.

Going to have to get busy...it's 2:10 now. I'll be lucky if it is fit to eat before 7:00. If you're in the neighborhood this evening, stop in and have a bowl.

And no, I don't give a flying fuck at a rolling donut about the silly MU/KU pissing match this weekend so it WILL NOT be on the big screen. I'll be watching "Knocked Up" and "Live Free or Die Hard".

Later, bitches.

2 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

MAN! I wish I could capture the aroma coming out of my kitchen right now and post it in some sort of smell-o-blog.

DAYUM!

Spyder said...

I'm still pigging out on smashed tater, gravy, corn, mapled carrots, and stuffin.