Saturday, May 10, 2008

Complete and Total Uber-Geekgasm


Could I possibly be a bigger nerd than I am right now?


No.

I don't believe I can.

Let me spell it out for you. It starts with two words.

Iron.


Man.

It's no secret that I've been stroking the ol' cybercock for this movie since they first announced that Robert Downey, Jr. would be playing Tony Stark. Just knowing that they cast that role so completely fucking perfectly told me the rest of the movie would totally rawk!

And boy, did it ever.

Everything you have heard about this movie is absolutely true...but supersized and with gravy on it.

The CGI work was absolutely seamless. The acting and the dialogue were spot on. Loads of well placed, well timed humor.

Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane is one greedy, evil, sonofabitch! Dayum!


Something about the combination of a full beard and a shaved head just screams "this guy ain't hooked up right...in his head."

[artfully trimmed goatee and shaved head, totally OK]


[I'm just sayin']

I just can't say enough about this movie.

Best fucking superhero movie EVER! Hands down!

But it's not just my love for this movie that makes today the day that I reached nerdy critical mass. Huh uh.

Oh no.

There's more!

Not only did I get to see this movie with a group of friends who are also all bloggers (but way cooler and nowhere near as nerdy as me), but the previews gave us trailers for "The Dark Knight" with Heath Ledger's last performance as The Joker (guaranteed to haunt your nightmares for years to come), and we also got the trailer for "Indiana Jones and the The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

Ya know, a little cinematic foreplay before the dirty deed itself followed by the happy finish.

Speaking of the happy finish, stay in your seats until the credits finish rolling! Even if you have to pee as bad as I did. Keep yo muthafucking ass in yo muthafucking seat, muthafucker! That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Muthafucker.

So let's tally up the score, shall we?

1. Blogging about a superhero movie for over a year.
2. Finally seeing the movie with a bunch of fellow bloggers.
3. Totally spewing my load over Batman, The Joker, Indiana Jones, Iron Man and a muthafucker to be named later, all in just over a couple of hours.
4. Twittering about the entire experience from my cell phone.
5. Immediately writing a recap of the evening on my blog as soon as I get home.

Nope. The nerdmeter is redlining, the anti-matter nacelles are about to implode, I canna give ya anymore Cap'ain, we're gonna blow, THIS NERD WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN...5,4,3,2,1...



Ahhhhhhh.

I need a cigarette.

7 comments:

Spyder said...

I can'[t wait!1 I think we will try to go tomorrow. Anyone want to see it (again)?

Keith Sader said...

Even my wife said she's see it again. That, my friends, is a tribute to the utter awesomeness of this movie.

Anonymous said...

WHAT did they DO to my STARMAN?????

I'm gonna cry.

Bud Simpson said...

We made it out this morning. It was perfect. Oh, and The Dude abides.

Anonymous said...

Was moving a friend Saturday so missed you guys, but the GF took me Sunday. I couldn't stop grinning...

Was it perfect? No, there was one groaner in there. But it was so good I can't remember what it was. The GF thought the back story, all the stuff before the armored escape, took too long. But that might have been due to the 6 year old on her lap.

I laughed every time Agent whats-his-name said he was from the Strategic Homeland Intervention and Enforcement Logistics Directorate. And there was a lot of other cool tidbits for us geeks.

Faith said...

Man, it's Heath Ledger. Heath. Not Keith. ;)

Glad you guys had fun! Leo has had to work a lot more than usual lately, due to the change in season and the way the golfers like to migrate to the golf course when it's purty out, so we lounged about in our down time, and stayed in for the most part.

Hope to see you at the BBQ in a couple of weeks!

Xavier Onassis said...

Faith - What are you talking about? I said Heath Ledger.

Where are you getting Keith?

I have no idea what you are talking about!