Saturday, June 28, 2008

An Unexpectedly Automotive Day


I decided I needed to get out of the house today and tackle a couple of issues.

One, I wanted to take a look at the Missouri River and see how it was doing with all of these storms and flooding.



Two, I had a screw in my left rear tire that was causing a slow leak that needed to be fixed.

(DONE!)

Three, I was way overdue for an oil change and I needed to get my tires rotated to fix the annoying 55mph shimmy from the uneven wear patterns.

(DONE!)

But my first stop was La Benite Park, at Hwy 291 and the Missouri River. It was the closest access point to the Mighty Mo and I just wanted to get some pictures of the river.

Imagine my surprise when I found a Classic Auto Show in the park!

I'm no motorhead, so I won't pretend to comment on the cars. I'm just going to post the pictures for your enjoyment and go fix something to eat and maybe watch a movie.

Enjoy!



















4 comments:

Keith Sader said...

I'm really surprised you didn't title this post 'XO finds wood'

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed it. The cars there are pretty much all the same ho-hum stuff that shows up all over the metro area. One of them belongs to my barber.

Nightmare said...

DUDE!! That pocket door is AMAZING!

Xavier Onassis said...

sader - I find wood every morning. That's not news.

concours d' elegance - I did enjoy it. I wouldn't know about the "ho-hum" stuff because I don't go out of my way to attend car shows. This was a purely serendipidous discovery.

nightmare - I know! How does that door not start getting all fucked up after just a couple of openings and closings? I've never seen anything like it.