Friday, July 18, 2008

Watchmen



I'm really not familiar with the Watchmen material.

I was aware of it when it came out, but thought the concept sounded pretty lame because it didn't feature any "real" superheros, just made-up ones.

And yes, I am painfully aware of how incredibly stupid and geeky that previous sentence is.

But I grew up in the so-called "Silver Age" of comics.





I felt the same way about Watchmen as I felt whenever DC would trot out their second string "Golden Age" heros.



Who the fuck were these lame, ancient characters in the stupid costumes?

But the Watchmen trailer looks great, I have receieved endorsements from people I trust, so I am going to read the Alan Moore graphic novel and try to embrace the Watchmen universe.

2 comments:

Dexter Colt said...

I was never a huge fan of the Watchmen, but Rorschach was cool. I'd be interested to see how he translates on screen, but I am not holding my breath on a Watchmen movie.

Anonymous said...

I've got two words for you, XO.

FUCK.

YOU.

The Green Lantern was around from before you were born, so shut the fuck up about how you don't think he is worthy.

His mind powers his ring, which is supernatural, if you didn't catch that, scumbag.

Superheroes have super abilities, and are not just powered by technology. So take all of your NASA-loving trinkets and shove them up your ass. Technology qualifies you as a GEEK, not a superhero.

Batman is not a superhero, if you couldn't guess by now.

Superman is.

The Green Lantern is a classic superhero.

Do you know why?????

They have fucking SUPER capabilities. They don't duct tape a blender on their head and try to scare the bad guys.

Get it??????

I suggest the next time you opine on superheroes you get your bearings. And your facts straight.