Sunday, March 22, 2009

This Bugs Me

I see this all the time, but I'll be damned if I can Google-image a pic of it.

What I see is husbands sitting in the car of supermarket parking lots waiting on their wives to do the grocery shopping.

What. The. FUCK?

What year do you think this is, dude? 1955?

Get your lazy, worthless ass out of the fucking car and at least go in with her! Push the fucking cart! Or go get items on the list and bring them back to the car. Fucking participate!

Or, here's a thought. How about YOU do the fucking grocery shopping by yourself and contribute a little something to the household chores?

I just don't get that at all. I've been married twice and I certainly had my flaws. But unless I had a broken leg or a perianal abcess, I'd never get by with that shit! Not that I'd want to. I think marriage (or any serious, long term relationship) is a 50/50 partnership devoid of any gender-based roles and responsibilities. Fuck that.

But what really blows me away is when the husband waiting in the car is sitting in the passenger seat! He didn't even fucking drive! How fucking useless are you douche bag? Do you bring anything at all to the table?

I saw that very thing just today. Young woman at Dollar General with two young kids in tow, looking for affordable, basic neccessities. She was leaving the same time I was.

Her useless, piece of shit baby-daddy/husband was sitting in the shotgun seat playing a hand held video game. Ass wipe!

I just want to slap the shit out of "men" like that. I have no patience with that crap.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

If you don't believe in gender roles (which I'm down with) why do you feel the dude should drive? I let my wife drive some of the time. I actually prefer it because she's so jumpy when I drive, she likes being in control.

JustCara said...

With all due respect, "you're outta your element, Donny." My dad is one of those in-the-car guys and it is because my mom wants to shop to her heart's content without my dad "hovering" - so dad sits in the car and waits for her do her thing like she likes and he gets to listen to the Sirius comedy station and everybody is happy. They've been doing this for 40 years and my dad does way more than pull his weight in their marriage.

Remember, things aren't always as they seem. :)

I Travel for JOOLS said...

There's a wedding chapel in Las Vegas that would suit me if you weren't such a prick in other ways...lol

Damn, two too many wines tonite.

Xavier Onassis said...

Bull - It's not that I feel the dude "should" drive, just that he should contribute SOMETHING. If he's just a passenger and not a participant, why go at all?

Cara - Not dissing your folks, but kinda same as above. If he isn't going to participate, why even drive? Why not let her go on her own?

JOOLS - Heh heh heh! I am a bit of prick, aren't I?

JustCara said...

He's a gentleman who drives his lady to wherever she wants to go - pretty much just acts as the perfect husband. There's no "letting" in that relationship, other than Mom lets him dote on her (as it should be, after all, right?)

Xavier Onassis said...

Cara - Given that I am a two time loser and your folks are still going strong and happy after 40 years, they out rank me. I shall have no further comment on the subject.

FYI - One of the older guys I saw sitting in the driver's seat waiting was passing his time by knitting. Cracked me up!

Groucho K. Marx said...

Sooooooooooooo...........

YOU were the bald dude staring at me eh?

I Travel for JOOLS said...

And, by the way, I didn't get one fucking recipe from that chain recipe thing...

lol

SmedRock said...

When my kid was younger I would stay in the car with her while the wifey went in to shop. Oft times it was easier that way. Especially if the kid is fussy at that moment. Other times, as Cara stated, my wife hates it when I am in the store with her, because I am ready to go as soon as I step in the door. Unless they have a good electronics selection, I could deal with some home delivery on groceries.

And like it or not, gender roles happen, and sometimes quite on their own too. *shrug*

Married 20 years, and happy to be that way. :) Now don't get me wrong, I contribute. She will not let me cook, something about bio hazards or what not. I clean on occasion and take care of the outside stuff (not just the yard).

If she did not like the arrangement, trust me on this, she would let me know.
The knitting thing is funny though.